- How can we pre-empt the obsolescence of our machine pool?
- What is the best practice for managing the obsolescence of our equipment?
- What are the options available for modernising or replacing obsolete machines?
- Are there updating or retrofitting programmes to extend the lifetime of existing machines?
- What are the advantages of a proactive approach in managing obsolescence in relation to a reactive approach?
Did you know?
- 19 years is the average age of machine stock in France
- 22 billion euros is the total amount spent on industrial maintenance in France
- According to a study by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), the costs linked to obsolescence can represent up to 2% of a company’s annual turnover
- According to an investigation carried out by the Aberdeen Group, companies which adopt a proactive approach to managing obsolescence see a 15% improvement in their availability time and a 10% reduction in maintenance costs.
DV GROUP’s response
Guaranteeing the availability of your installations from day to day is a major challenge because it is vital to respond to the demands of your environment and to act quickly in emergency situations. With the complementarity of its 3 BU, DV GROUP offers customised support throughout the lifetime of your installation.
How can we pre-empt the obsolescence of our machine pool?
AUDIT your machine pool: A diagnostic report on your pool gives you a view of the conditionof your robotics pool (obsolescence, the condition of stock, criticality etc.).The pool diagnostic report gives you a detailed, prioritised action plan in order to guarantee the continuity of use of your production tool (modernisation, contract for spare parts etc.)
PREDICTIVE CONTROL: Monitor the performances of your machine pool and detect signs of obsolescence with predictive control. Our experts will identify potential problems early on and act appropriately.
What is the best practice for managing the obsolescence of our equipment?
Electromechanical and electronic preventive maintenance : we set up a preventive maintenance programme to prolong the life of your machines and decrease breakdowns and reduce the risks of early obsolescence.
Are there updating or retrofitting programmes to extend the lifetime of existing machines?
We have developed our UPGRADE offer, with the objective of:
- Managing carry-over
- Strengthening maintenance schedules
- Ensuring technical expertise
- Maintaining machine availability
- Increasing productivity
- By analysing: your equipment and your stock
- By correcting/safeguarding
- By increasing reliability (pro-activity)
What are the options available for modernising or replacing obsolete machines?
Modernisation and replacement: Our ENGINEERING BU modernises or replaces your obsolete equipment. This can include software updates, retrofits in order to integrate new features or complete replacement by more recent, higher performance machines.
What are the advantages of a proactive approach in managing obsolescence in relation to a reactive approach?
A proactive approach to managing obsolescence allows you to foresee problems, reduce costs, improve performance, better manage risks and promote durability. It therefore offers many advantages compared with a reactive approach which settles for reacting to problems when they arise.